Hosting Organisation/ Volunteering at Stadtjugendring Stuttgart
Stadtjugendring Stuttgart (SJR) is a non-governmental democratically organized umbrella organisation of youth organisations, youth groups and initiatives in Stuttgart.
About 60 different member organizations (NGOs) represent the diversity of youth work and offer activities in the field of music, sports, environment, cultural heritage, religion, democracy, health, inclusion, urban culture, culture/fine arts, gender issues, camps for kids or youth.
Each year we host a volunteer within the European Solidarity Corps for 12 months in our office (start: 01. October. In 2023, the voluntary service will exceptionally start on 1st of July). As a volunteer you will get an idea of how youth participation can be promoted in local and international youth work. If you are interested in volunteering at Stadtjugendring Stuttgart read more about below.
Current volunteer – Raven Rudnik from our twin town Łódź in Poland/Testimonials from volunteers at Stadtjugendring.
Check out our Blog.
As a volunteer you will collaborate with our staff members, the volunteering youth leaders or youth workers within our member organizations, and our project partners.
There will be practical and admini- strative tasks in the daily work. You will support the implementation of workshops/seminars, international youth exchanges, and out- and indoor events. Attending youth activities within our member organisations will give you the opportunity to discover the diversity of youth work and youth participation in Stuttgart.
You will get qualified in our yearly youth leadership training aiming to acquire competencies for assistance in projects within our member organisations.
We invite you to think on how you can contribute with your talents in self-organised small projects.
- a genuine motivation for working in the field of youth
- interest in gaining an intercultural experience
- willingness to contribute your own experience and knowledge
- responsibility for all kinds of work related appointments and tasks
- willingness/readiness to work in the office (you will be provided with workstation in the office)
- Interest to learn what kind of practical and administrative support is needed to implement youth projects and lobbying for youth work.
- English and some basic German language skills are helpful to achieve a smooth integration at Stadtjugendring and in the local community. An intensive German language course will be provided during your ESC-volunteering.
Accomodation/ Pocket Money/Allowance
Stadtjugendring Stuttgart will provide you with accommodation in a youth dormitory in the city center.
You will be living in a fully equipped single room (bed, table, cupboard, free WIFI-Access) and shared bathroom. A fully equipped kitchen and a balcony are on each floor.
Further facilities include a laundry, a TV-room, etc. The renting and utility costs (electricity, water,…) will be covered by Stadtjugendring Stuttgart.
You will also receive pocket money and monthly allowance to cover your food, transport and other costs.
How to apply?
Our next call for applications will be published in March 2024.